Monday, February 16, 2009

We're already making a difference...

Since I have started the Facebook group, folks have been thinking hard about what they can do to create spare change, and they have been taking action! Today, I will be posting the things that people have been doing to make a difference. If you are interested in creating spare change but are fresh out of ideas, you might be sparked or inspired by some of these...

Cheryl from PA: i think i can spare change....i am going to take all of the stuff i posted on craig's list for sale to my local thrift store. it will help them keep the jobs they have for people and i don't really need the two dollars i was gonna get for it anyway. then, people in that neighborhood can buy stuff they need because they can afford it. i might do more later if i'm not too tired from lifting all of those boxes.

Casey from MA: I just made a micro-loan at MicroPlace.com. This loan will help someone in the United States start a business. Anything for the economy... (And then Casey wrote back) I am going to volunteer with The Extraordinaries. I get to help from home, from the grocery store, from anywhere. You can help too, check out the info session next Wednesday.

Katrina wrote: I just became a Red Cross "Champion for Life" by joining their frequent donor program after I found out that the blood bank in my home town is almost constantly low on my type (B positive). I donated here for the first time to commemorate the National Day of Service and I'll continue that sentiment.

Chloe wrote: I just found out that a ton of local kids are showing up to school without coats, food, basic needs - and that the elementary school has been feeding them, clothing them, and footing the bill with no help from the state. I'm talking with the principal and others to organize the community to help these kids. My little hometown is a pretty affluent place - there is no excuse for this.

Our Facebook group has 92 members and we get more everyday! Thanks to all of you who have written in with stories about how you are creating spare change! But more importantly, thanks for taking this much-needed action!

No comments:

Post a Comment